Monday, August 10, 2009

One Thousand Gifts...a Journey

holy experience


Some people are always grumbling
because roses have thorns;
I am thankful
that thorns have roses.
Alphonse Karr

Like most, there are days when I struggle to have a grateful heart. Some days seem heavier than others. However, I'm coming to believe that on those days, finding that which I am grateful for is a gift, a day brightener of sorts. And truthfully, as I review the day, I often find it wasn't as heavy as I thought.

This week my list includes:

a prayer of thanksgiving that no lives were lost during our "surprise" flash flooding...
(picture courtesy of the weather channel)


heartfelt prayers of dear friends as I took the boy to the doctor on Monday...

blessed sleep...

sounds of laughter coming from a room that hasn't had much laughter recently...

cupcakes!

the comfort of a well loved Bible...
(if you can't see the words, they say, "Then you will call and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help and He will say: Here am I.)

much needed vacation days...

the hope of accomplishing things around the house...

more wedding plans...

the antics of our pond frogs...

What are the "gifts" in your life recently? Won't you consider writing them down and sharing them?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your list. :o)

Unknown said...

I am blessed by your list, it is a life, a heart, a home.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your list! I appreciated it a lot.

Roo said...

ahhh! i love that quote at the top. i was just reading it earlier today. :)

blessed sleep...is a gift non can compare! appreciated your list.