Monday, January 10, 2011

Held

I have spent a great deal of time pondering the brevity of life lately. Between our next door neighbor dying suddenly in her sleep (she was about my age) to the horror that occurred in Arizona this weekend...there are no guarantees with life. And yet, we know that He knows the number of our days. And that everything happens within His Perfect Will. Nothing surprises Him or catches us unprepared.

A friend reminded me of this song yesterday and I think it provides a great deal of comfort.

1 comment:

annette said...

I'm so sorry about your neighbor dying unexpectedly. It hits so hard when it's out of the blue. We try to make some sense out of things that don't make sense to our earthly eyes. You said it so beautifully. Nothing surprises Him or catches us unprepared. He has our backs through it all. Sending you hugs. Annette