While I didn't post a lot, January was still a busy month at the heigh-ho house.
1. We celebrated the one year anniversary of this:
3. I took a "me week" of vacation. No real plans, no real desires. Just a few days to recover from the Christmas hustle and bustle.
4. finished fourteen books including this one which I am still pondering and planning to read again here.
5. counted 45 gifts (with plans to "count better" in February.)
6. Watched my husband paint our bedroom. =)
7. Enjoyed a visit from my brother and beautiful niece...and maybe saw the beginning of healing...
8. Learned some scripture: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:2-5
9. Got a confirmed diagnosis from the geneticist for the boy. Nothing that wasn't expected but still a little disconcerting. No one wants to hear the term "wheelchair" when thinking about their 18 year old. He is, however, somewhat intrigued by the idea of a service dog. (And he asked about the possibility of a "service monkey." I told him I didn't think a service monkey could pick him up when he falls. So naturally he suggested a service orangutan.)
10. Kept on task with my daily scripture reading and finished Genesis and Exodus in the Amazing Collection. Learned a few things as well!
All in all, January was a good month. How could it be anything but? After all, my heart (and life) is under the Lord's control. He turns it any direction He chooses.