Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm asking...

***Updated***
We just received news that Molly is a Trisomy 18 baby. The doctors have told Brianna and Garrick to enjoy her to the fullest over the next few days as they believe this is all the time she has left. Please lift Brianna and Garrick up as they face this most difficult time.



You all are so faithful to pray...so I am asking once again for specific requests. My father (his name is John) will be going to have a biopsy tomorrow and I'm asking for prayer for his healing. In a perfect world, I would prefer that the mass be completely gone. However, I know that only God's will is perfect so I'm also asking for peace over whatever the outcome is. (We are supposed to have to wait a week for the results. I'm thinking this is a patience test. Sigh. I don't do very well with patience tests.)

Also, the assistant manager at one of our LifeWay stores has a prayer request as well. Her daughter, Molly, was born last Wednesday weighing in at a little over 2 pounds. Because of some other health issues that she has, the doctors suspect that she may have a chromosomal abnormality that is, in the doctor's words, "incompatible with life." I cannot imagine ever hearing those words coming out of a doctor's mouth. (And I'm thinking he needs some lessons in tact but that's just me.) Anyway, they're praying for a "Molly sized miracle." Would you lift them up in prayer today as well?



Thank you so much. You are much appreciated!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Karen. I continue to pray for you and your dad and mom, for the tumor to be gone, for you dad to be healed. I am praying for baby Molly this morning, before I hit send on this email. Bless all of you this rainy morning. Love you, Annette

Angela Baylis said...

I will be praying for Molly, and a miracle and that Brianna and Garrick can have peace in these difficult days to come! I am also praying for you and your Dad.
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Abba's Girl said...

You and your family as well as Molly and her family are being lifted up in prayer.

Annette

Cheri said...

Praying for your Dad, Karen.
And lifting up this young couple and baby Molly.
Cheri

Anonymous said...

praying here