Sunday, August 3, 2008

True Confessions...

I am not a fan of pictures...of me. For some reason, I seem to think that I cannot possibly be that "fluffy", old, wrinkled, tired, grey, or insert any other adjective here. However, at the LPL event, Tracy told me that she would have never guessed that it was me from the picture of the back of my head. (I did turn around so that she could see the back of my head. She still didn't recognize me.) She thought that the picture of the back of my head made me look older than I do in person. (Thank you, Tracy.) And Ang wanted to see a picture of my eyes. (They are green. More or less.) So, this is what you get. At least until I can photo shop my person and make me a little less fluffy, old, wrinkled, tired grey and insert adjective here.

I was around eight days old in the above picture. I came to live with my parents about that time. I think this is the first picture they ever took of me. I did not have hair. Sigh.
This was my first Easter. Love the plastic kitty. Drool proof. I was six months old or so. Still no hair. (Which is why my mom was forced to put bows in Keith's hair when he was little. Somehow she knew she would have a hairless daughter. Is that anything like a hairless Chihuahua?)

Ah, finally, we have hair. (I don't know why hair is so important to me. I guess I got tired of being bald.) Anyhow, I was three-ish here. Loving my grandma, sitting on her front porch swing. Hmmm...I just noticed how chubby my cheeks were. It's nice to know that I am returning to my childhood shape. Just as long as I don't go bald.
How about you? Did you have hair when you were a baby? I promise I won't be jealous if you did. (After all, Jessi had tons of hair when she was born. Curly, brown hair. Jonathan was bald but that's okay. He's a boy. Boys don't have to have hair when they are babies.)

4 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

I didn't have hair until several months after I was born.

You were a very cute baby!

Annette

Angela Baylis said...

Awe... you were adorable! That's a start, girlfriend! :)
Thank you for sharing these cute pictures!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Jessi said...

I still have tons of hair and in the summer it feels like wearing a large woolly sheep on my head. I feel like I need to be shorn. Or sheared. Whichever.

Anonymous said...

I was a bald baby forever, a premie. You were an adorable baby with or without hair. I'm still waiting for a picture of today! I don't have a beautiful face to put with that beautiful heart of yours. Love, Annette