Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's nice to know I'm not crazy

Or at least very crazy. Finally, after all these years, a diagnosis. Of course, it took surgery to get here. But at least they can't keep saying, "I don't know what's wrong." And I now know it wasn't all in my head. But enough about my imaginary friends.

Thanksgiving. I love the holiday season. Or some parts of it anyway. Sometimes my job doesn't allow me to enjoy the season the way I should. But I am a nostalgic sort so I like the warm fuzzy feeling Christmas and Thanksgiving give me. Of course, in my head, everything is candle lit with soft lights and wonderful smells and its always evening and the weather is crisp outside with just a touch of snow. And it should always be that way. Curled up on the sofa with a good Christmas book, looking at the tree lights, (although I don't know how you can read in the glow of tree lights but this is my head, my fantasy).

Anyway, my mother in law is cooking lunch tomorrow and from past experiences, I know it will be fantastic. Then Josh is cooking for my parents. So it will be good stuff too. I will be sitting in my chair. Resting. Being good. Trying to get strong again. And so it goes. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: