Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cover to Cover

Bev always asks us what lingers in our readings for the week. Most of the time I read, make notes, ponder a bit and then move on to the next day, not really thinking about what came before until time to pull it all together for Cover to Cover.

But not this week.

I have several passages marked (the first three chapters of James could provide blog fodder for a week at least) but one passage has lingered all week, tugging at my soul.

Repent, then, and turn to God; so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the LORD. Acts 3:19

times of refreshing...doesn't that appeal to your heart? I cannot think of anything more comforting than the thought of my sins being forgiven (not just forgiven but wiped out) and a time of refreshing (a gift from God) beginning. It just makes my heart sing!


My prayer for you is that you experience His gift of refreshing this week.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love that verse, and the thought that lingers with it--here on a Sunday night, I could use a little energy refreshment for the week ahead. I think I could use some repentance time too! You always have something good. Love, Annette

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen,

What a great verse to focus on...I do love it when there is just one nugget that continues to minister throughout the day...the week...you picked a great verse...the thought of the refreshment that God gives to us as a result of us coming to Him in repentance...that is definitely not what the world or the enemy for that matter wants anyone to know...what an amazingly gracious and loving God we have.

Blessings to you this week,

Helen

Nise' said...

Amen! What a great post to read as I'm off to get dressed and leave for the day! Did you get snow? We have it on the ground, but the main roads are clear. Have a great day.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

What an incredible prayer...Experience His gift of refreshing.... Yes that appeals to my heart and my soul! Thank you for that blessing!

Abba's Girl said...

Great post and something we all need to focus on and practice daily.

Love, Annette

Angela Baylis said...

Your post was "refreshing" to read! What is a great Word! I love reading everyone's insights because I think I jump over some good verses, especially when I am looking for something for the cover to cover post. I would have missed this one!
I love your blog. Every time I click over here, I'm sure to leave feeling refreshed!
Love you,
Angie xoxo