Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mabel in all his/her glory...



***It appears that spring may have finally arrived here at the heigh ho house. (or at least in the backyard.)

***tonight is the final "study" night for the Esther Bible study. (of course, we still have the food portion of the program to go. Can't finish a Bible study without celebrating with food.)

***if your life is seemingly made up of random moments, then are they really so random after all?

***While this year seems to be flying by (can you believe it's almost April already?), it seems like it's taken forever to get here.

***I'm considering the benefits of exercise.

***Does considering count as exercise?

***Because if it does, I should surely have lost a few pounds by now.

***except for the fact that I had Outback Cheese Fries twice in seven days.

***primarily because there was a great cheese fry tragedy.

***which makes me glad that I don't model swimsuits for a living.

***the thought of which gives me a good laugh to start the day.

***I'm pretty sure letting the dogs in and out a billion times a day counts as exercise.

***my mouth gets plenty of exercise. Since it always seems to be in motion. (even when my brain isn't engaged.)

***do teenaged boys always wake up grumpy?

***do they come with the gene to create a "man cave"?

***and why does it smell like gym socks? Since they haven't taken gym class in two years. Bleck.

***writing random comments does not, in fact, assist in preparing one for going to work.

***so this one had better get off of the computer and find some khaki.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

You are so funny! I am sure "considering" counts. I was just on the livestrong website entering in my "food plate" and it asks us what physical activities we've done. Did you know typing burns 84 calories/hr? Making beds counts as 112 calories/hr. I wonder if it takes anyone an hour to make their beds? Hmmm.... Have a great day. You are burning calories just reading this dumb comment!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Abba's Girl said...

Beautiful picture...

Hope you have recovered from inventory!

Love, Annette H

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Love that picture! The hope of spring! :)