Thursday, September 29, 2011

Aren't you glad it's Thursday?


Around the house..there are lots and lots of boxes of Kleenex. After avoiding the cold germs the menfolk have been toting around the past few weeks, I have finally succumbed. And for some odd reason, the cold medicine I have reluctantly been taking seems to rev up my mind rather than put me to sleep. At least at night. =)

Outside...the temperature is gloriously cool in the mornings! Even as I sit here this evening, the windows are open and there's a slight cool breeze blowing through the house. The trees are being dabbed with fall colors, a little more each day. (and for the moment, the leaves are hanging on for dear life!)

I am thankful for...more than I can say. A God who heals. My brother's pathology report came back cancer free. A God who holds us close and is faithful. My father's health is declining rather rapidly at the moment. We are hoping for healing for him but he has an appointment at the cancer center here on Monday. At this point, we have no real idea what we are battling but daddy is very discouraged and pained.

Some highlights of the week...we had our second Bible study meeting Tuesday night. It was wonderful! We are doing Priscilla Shirer's Jonah this time around and it is powerful. I also received a sweet letter from my Compassion child, Natacha, this week. She is now 8 and she writes the sweetest letters. They are in French and I can read/understand parts of it which is kind of cool because I feel like she and I are actually talking rather than me reading what someone else says she said. (Does that make sense?)

All in all, it's been a good week. A little peculiar at times, but still good. (Except someone keeps implying that I am grumpy. I think they are confused.) How about you? How is your week going?

No comments: