Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thirty Days

It seems like forever since I've visited my little blog.  (Actually, it's been a little more than a year.  Time flies whether you are having fun or not.)

My daughter, Jessi, mentioned yesterday that she was preparing to participate in 30 days of thankfulness on her blog.  She did this last year on Facebook and enjoyed it but felt like she had more to say than the little blurbs on FB like to accommodate. Listening to her reminded me of my poor little neglected blog and renewed a desire within me to write a little.  After all, there certainly is plenty to be thankful for and I definitely could use the daily reminders.

However...

I'm just not sure I can blog for 30 days straight.  Life is a lot more complex than it was a year or two ago (hence the prolonged absence).  I'm not the same person and I'm not even sure yesterday's me would recognize the me of today.  I'd like to give it a try though.  And maybe it'll give us a chance to catch up a bit.  So, here it goes.

...today I am thankful for second chances, third and fourth chances and so on.  For the opportunity to begin again, wipe the slate clean, start over, pick up the pieces and move on....however you choose to phrase it.  Too many times I've started things with the best of intentions, only to have life intrude, distract or dismay.  If not for the grace of God, family, and friends, I don't know where I'd be.  
Romans 8:28

No comments: