The concept for this little game comes from the book Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. Since I qualify as obscure, I suppose I can play. Apparently the compilation revolves around a bet that Hemmingway made that he could sum up his life in six words. His were, "For Sale, baby shoes, never worn." (Which I just totally don't get. Did he like walk barefoot all the time when he was a toddler? I admit that I am not a huge Hemmingway fan...sorry Ernest...but is this a bit of obscure trivia that only Ernestites would know? or did he just decide to put together any six words and claim his prize? Could he have said "blue monkeys make me really sick" and collected his ten dollars? Am I over analyzing this?)
Anyhow, after all that, here are my six words:
Life in Progress, covered by Grace
I'd love it if you'd like to play along. (Also, if you can explain the whole baby shoes thing, I'd be eternally grateful. It might save me a sleepless night.) Here's the deal:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original so they can track it across the blogosphere.
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links (or issue an open invitation!).
5. Don't forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.