Josh is 45 today! (and Mary Jane is...um...having a birthday too. Rather than reveal her age, I will point out that she is OLDER than me. tee hee.) So in honor of Josh's 45th birthday, I thought I'd tell you a little bit about him. Because I know that nothing would thrill him more than me putting information about him on the world wide web. (Lori did this little bit over at her place last week and I thought it would be perfect for today. Because you don't turn 45 every day.)
1. He's sitting in front of the TV: what is on the screen? Could be anything. He's a channel flipper. Might be a football game, a sitcom, a food show, or round the clock news. My favorite tv memory was when he came home from the hospital with a kidney stone. They had pumped him full of powerful painkillers and I left him downstairs to go get something. When I came back, he was totally engrossed in watching the spanish channel. Which is fine, except that he speaks no spanish. I still wonder what he thought was going on.
2. You're out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Um..nothing? Because salad makes him gag. Or bleu cheese. Because he'd be passing that salad along to me and that's what I'd want.
3. What is one food he doesn't like? Okra? Shrimp? Dill pickles? (I know that's three. But he probably feels equally strongly about each of them.)
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? He doesn't do bars. But if he had to...he would order a mountain dew.
5. Where did he go to high school? Moore High School. Same as his sister and brother before him. I'm not sure if he enjoyed it or not. (I suspect not. Because who really enjoys high school?) However, he was a good, if somewhat sarcastic, student. (unlike that woman he married...she was too blonde to think about grades most of the time. )
6. What size shoe does he wear? 10 1/2 . when he wears shoes.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Plants. lots and lots of plants. (He also loves Stitch. As in Lilo and Stitch. Mainly because Stitch lives in Hawaii and he would really like to live in Hawaii too. Because they don't bring their tropical plants in the house in the winter.)
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? He's not much of a sandwich fan. But if he were to have a sandwich, he would prefer it to be a club sandwich with just meat and cheese. No dressing, no veggies. Because veggies would be like a salad and we all know that salad makes him gag.
9. What would the Husband eat every day if he could? Pie? BBQ ribs? Milky Way midnights?
10. What is his favorite cereal? Right now he gets to eat Honey Smacks and Raisin Bran. Because that's what I bought last so they must be his favorites.
11. What would he never wear? An evening gown? high heels? long evening gloves? fish net tights? I'm thinking the list is pretty long.
12. What is his favorite sports team? UK. (which shockingly beat Arkansas in football last night. He's a true fan...who listened to the entire game even after his wife left the room when they were down 13 points with 4 minutes to go. He might have been a little smug when he came upstairs and said, "by the way, in case you're interested...we won.")
13. Who will he vote for? Well, we try to avoid politics on this blog. But he is pro-life and very conservative. You guess.
14. Who is his best friend? Me! or Elwood. (the basset hound) depending on who's better behaved that day.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? interrupt. spaz out. whine. need I go on? (I could...)
16. How many states has he lived in? Two. This one and Missouri.
17. What is his heritage? I have no idea. He's not Hawaiian. Much to his disappointment.
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind? Okay, you should know the answer to this one. Say it with me...PIE! (If it had to be cake, it might be coke cake. or pudding cake. or strawberry whipped cream cake. All of which he would have to cook so he'd probably rather I go and have his mom make a PIE. Because I don't do pie either.)
19. Did he play sports in high school? Is chess a sport? No. only required PE class sports.
20. What could he spend hours doing? puttering with his plants. checking out ebay. going to yard sales with his dad. Fixing the train layout that he's going to put together someday.
Happy 45th birthday Joshua!