Wednesday, May 27, 2009

20 of my favorite things...

Because there's not enough information about me out there.

Or because I'm lacking in imagination for the next few posts. (No, I don't think that's it. There's always something rolling around in my head.) Anyway, Brenda did this a few weeks ago and since I can't resist the idea of sharing, here goes:

1. Color: and I'm already stumped. I don't have a favorite color necessarily. I do tend to wear a lot of blue and black but I like purple, pink, and various other shades.

2. Dessert: PIE! or cheesecake. or chocolate cookies.

3. Smell: (what a strange question.) Probably my pumpkin spice candle. I can assure you that my favorite smell is NOT my basset hound. (what on earth does he get into that makes him smell like microwave popcorn butter?)

4. Flower: tulips! and crocuses. and pansies.

5. Animal: penguins. or puffins. I'd have a puffin farm if such a thing existed.

6. Month: April. Because it's spring.

7. Beverage: If I'm misbehaving, then it's mountain dew with caffeine. If I'm being responsible, then it's sprite. or grape kool aid. or water.

8. pair of shoes: okay, that's stranger than favorite smell. I am not a shoe person. (and it has nothing to do with residing in Kentucky. maybe my bedroom slippers? I have like 7 pair.

9. snack: might be chocolate. or cheetos. or Outback cheese fries. or peanut m&m's. It depends on the mood.

10. song: hmmm...anything by Chris Tomlin, Bebo's I will lift my eyes, Jeremy Camp's there will come a day.

11. book: because I am always reading, my favorites are always changing but for the moment...
As we forgive and mad church disease.

12. fruit: grapes, plums, pears, bananas

13. hair style: (?) um...anything that's attached to my head. because I am thankful for hair.

14. piece of clothing: um...yes, I am thankful for clothing. The more the better. pajama pants? bulky winter clothing that covers winter layers of fat? Oh, I know...the blue man suit!

15. store to clothes shop: anywhere that carries khaki skirts and maroon shirts. Since I wear LifeWay garb most of the time, it's the thing I replace the most.

16. season: spring!

17. hobby: reading. blogging. scrap booking.

18. thing to collect: dogs? (we have five.) willow trees that remind me of my children. Except my children have faces and willow trees do not.

19. movies: LOTR, Apollo 13, Mulan, and a host of others.

20. Restaurant: Outback for cheese fries, Cheddar's, Rafferty's, just about anywhere that doesn't require me to cook.

And I am so glad that this isn't one of those one word surveys. I suspect that I'm a bit too wordy for one of those.

2 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Love it...

Angela Baylis said...

This was fun! I must admit you made me pretty hungry... and I may just copy you by doing this on my blog since I can't seem to think of anything creative these days! Glad you are enjoying your summer study! I'm not doing it with everyone. I'm doing another one with some friends!
Hope your biopsy went well??

Love you,
Angie xoxo