Thursday, May 7, 2009

This is it...

Kelly is hosting Show Us Where You Live Fridays and this weeks theme is the living room. Since the living room was mostly clean at the time these pictures were taken, I thought I'd share. (You'll notice there aren't a lot of shots of the floor. That's because a certain African grey can't seem to quit throwing corn and sunflower seeds on it. The dogs don't mind, though.) Anyway, here's the view of the um...couch. And the living room is mostly plant free at the moment. That's because plant liberation day occurred a week or so ago.

Honestly, most of the time this is the scene in the living room. Except you can add a few more dogs to the picture. I'm not sure where Wolfgang and the two small weebeasties were but you can bet that if the Dynamic Duo sent out the bark signal, they'd all be dashing to the window to see what was going on.
The tv is Josh's toy. That's not to say that I don't watch tv, I just don't care what I watch it on as long as it's in color and is big enough that I don't need reading glasses to see it. However, being a guy, Josh appreciates electronics. Which apparently includes bigger televisions. And surround sound.
This would be the top of the DVD cabinet. I have a collection of Charming Tails that I have been switching out seasonally (so that everyone has a chance to play outside the curio cabinet.) It also has one of my favorite pictures of Jessi and if you could see the multi picture frame, you would see Jonathan asleep on a box. Because that's what little boys do. Sleep in boxes. Or laundry baskets. Or maybe that's just Jonathan. And I can't forget my beloved pumpkin spice Yankee Candle. (because it reminds me of pie. And we all know how I feel about pie.)
Oh, look. The dog is in the chair. Imagine that. I guess the funniest thing is when Josh tries to sit in their chair and watch tv. Sometimes I'll come in the room and there he'll be with three dogs laying on top of him. (and two of them are not Yorkies.) Hmmm...if you're going to sit in their chair, I guess you'd better learn to share.
Well, thanks for visiting my living room. Be sure and check out the other rooms over at Kelly's. And if I can get my house cleaned up, we might play this game again next week!

15 comments:

Malinda said...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, forget the living room tour, I LOVE your dog. We had a Bassett until this past winter. We got her on our first anniversary. She got sick and we had to put her to sleep. She was just like our child for years.

Oh, the living room is cute too. Ha.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

cute house and your dog is so cute! :)

Heather said...

Such a cute room, great job decorating!

Debbie said...

I love the room and your dog. The fireplace looks nice what I can see of it. I love fireplaces. Debbie

Kelley said...

I really like this room and your dog is precious.

Pam Bowers said...

Awe sweet puppers. Nice living room too.

LuAnn said...

Great Room - your dog cracks me up!!!

Jessi said...

Do you think Elwood would have so many fans if people actually knew him? *_*

I'm sure that "favorite picture" to which you were referring is the one of that famous odd couple, Cruella de Vil and Ash Ketchum.

Angela Baylis said...

I love it! It's funny, but our t.v. is Lincoln's toy! You and I have one more thing in common... I love love love the pumpkin spice Yankee Candles too! Thanks for sharing your living room with us!
Have a nice Friday!
Love you,
Angie xoxo

Unknown said...

I love your room! :-) thanks for having us over!

Abba's Girl said...

Beautiful room...what movie shall we watch on the giant TV?

Love, Annette H

Maryellen said...

I really like your living room and your doggies. =)

imjacobsmom said...

Very cozy and looks like a great place to watch movies! ~ Robyn

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

Looks liek such a cozy place! I love the colours, so warm!

Sonya said...

what a cute dog.