Friday, February 15, 2008

Pass the tylenol please...

We interrupt our regularly scheduled broadcast to bring you an update on day three of Jona-palooza. This evening we will be hosting various and assorted members of the "nerd herd". We will be serving copious amounts of junk food to enhance this gathering. I am sure we will also be playing non-stop video games and jamming to ear-splitting tunes that make absolutely no sense to this mother. So I will be locked in a little corner of my mind, remembering my little boy and thinking that he and his friends need to shave. Sigh. I can't decide which birthdays are harder, mine or my childrens.




I love these pictures. I love the fact that Merlin (Basset #1) looks like he could come through the window and eat that cake. (He's actually standing on top of his doghouse.) The other picture is The Boy holding a four foot long Orca that dh and I just had to bring home from Hawaii. We had to buy a separate duffel bag for it but The Boy loved it.

2 comments:

annette said...

What fun and do take the Tylenol. I always hated the late nights but now remember that is when everyone loosened up and talked so much. Every time one of my kids has a birthday, I think I do too, of a different nature, but as moms, we definitely do. Hope you all have fun and your ears don't ring from the decibels of volume. blessings, annie

Paul and Cathy said...

Happy 16th Birthday! Big milestone for the boy and his "rents"....
Now, sewing is whatever you make of it...can be very rewarding, if you are a "cheap date", but, if you expect darts and lining and button holes....well I pass. What I sewed was strictly FUN STUFF. I highly recomend it....buy your fabric at Walmart if at all possible, they are the cheapest. I am on to making hanger covers....great birthday presents!
Thanks for visiting my neck of blogland Karen.
I believe,
Cathy