Thursday, January 1, 2009

a new beginning...

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos

I finished yesterday (last year) with:

Amen, Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen. (Revelation 22:20-21)

and began today (this year) with:

In the beginning God created...(Genesis 1:1)

I am excited to see what this year holds. (at least as excited as I can be filled with cold medicine and cold by-product!) I am participating in LPM's year of scripture memorization and am looking forward to learning 24 verses this year. (I'm also looking forward to the miracle that will enable me to memorize these scriptures!) This is the one that I have chosen for the first half of January:

Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is . Ephesians 5:15-17

I would love to have you join us on this memorization journey. (the more the merrier!) If you're interested, you can check out the details here. Oh, I also posted a bit about Genesis here if you are going to be reading through your Bible this year.

I hope you have a wonderful "new beginning" today! And does anybody know how many times one can blow/wipe one's nose before it spontaneously combusts?

8 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Happy New Year Karen. Sorry you have a cold. I recommend Vicks Vapor Rub...put it on the soles of your feet and then wear white cotton or wool socks, works wonders.

Where do I find the Cover to Cover readings?

Love, Annette

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better through the fog of cold meds. I found your new blog and love it--so pretty and full of promise! I am memorizing 1 Tim 6:6 "But godliness with contentment is great gain." Not very ambitious but goes with my theme for the year, contentment in Christ alone. So, new beginnings and friends to journey with--who could ask for more. Blessings in 2009! Love, AnnetteG

Abba's Girl said...

Karen,

This is your momentarily idiotic friend in TX who would be a blonde if she would go to the beauty shop and have her roots done.

I found the readings listed for today...

Love, Annette H

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I LOVE the sound of A NEW BEGINNING! It has hope in it! The snowman picture is so cute! Enjoy the first day of 2009! :0)

Anonymous said...

Colds...ugh...not much fun.

But I am glad to see that you are embracing this new year with new goals...

Finishing up Revelation and reading that He is the Beginning and the End...so as we move on in this beginning we say thank you to somethings that have come to an end.

I am so glad that I have gotten to know you through this journey in the Word and I can't wait to get to know you even better!

Happy New Year.

Yvonne said...

Karen,
Doing the scripture memory thru LPM myself. I love the scripture you chose. That may be my next one. I still have not decided on my verses for this time yet!!!
I do have a question for you: can i invite my Friday morning Bible study (there are 7 of us) to join both the chronological study and the Bible study at SECC? Just let me know what you think.
Feel better soon!
Yvonne

Michelle V said...

Karen,

Happy New Year! I'm doing the LPM scripture memory and mine this time is Philippians 4:6-8.

I decided to keep going on the chronological reading and started over today since I didn't join this year until around March.

Blessings
Michelle

Nise' said...

I am glad your daughter is okay and sorry her car got crunched. Each of my 3 kids were involved in an accident early in their driving career and were not hurt, but it sure taught them a huge lesson that I am thankful for. Hope you are feeling better.

Your verse is my hope/prayer for this year, "making the most of every opportunity" for His glory.