Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We are surviving the "white blanket of death."

Unfortunately, quite a bit of Louisville is out of power with more expected to lose power throughout the day.

At this point, it appears that we are trapped in our subdivision because of the number of trees that are down. (Josh says that it looks worse than Hurricane Ike.) Every time I walk outside, the silence is broken by the sound of trees crashing to the ground. It's very eerie.

I will be trying to go to work later today assuming I can tunnel my way out of here so any and all prayers would be appreciated.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you. I hate that sound of cracking trees. We have a lot of pines around here, and they don't hold up to ice. When Ike came through here, there were tons of branches broken high in the trees. I worried if we had ice and they'd all come tumbling down. I am also praying you keep your heat and electricity! It's one thing to be nasty outside, but to be inside and not have your warm haven--it's not right. Praying for your family and for Louisville to be safe through this weather. Love, Annette

Debra said...

We're iced in in Arkansas too. This was one messy storm! Glad to hear you still have electricity. Stay warm!

Abba's Girl said...

I prayed for you....drink hot chocolate and be careful driving.

Love, Annette H