Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gotta love the beautiful sound of tornado sirens

I suppose the title says it all. We appear to be going to have an exciting weather evening here. Fortunately so far, everything seems to be "radar indicated" as opposed to actual events. However, the one note siren has been going off for over an hour now. And there's another storm behind it and another one behind that and another one...well, you get the picture.

I used to be disappointed when we would all get in the closet and then nothing would happen. (what kind of idiotic notion is that?) However, there was the one night when we barely made it to the closet only to hear a tornado pass overhead. At that moment, I promised myself and God that I would never be disappointed or irritated at the closet tornado ritual when it amounts to nothing. However, the closet is full tonight. (We don't usually get tornado warnings this late in the season) so I suppose we shall all head to the bathtub if there is an immediate threat.

No comments: