Friday, March 14, 2008

3.14

There are very few times when I think I would like to be back in high school. I did not particularly enjoy my high school years. I was tall. Very tall. And thin. Very thin. Think 5'10 and 114 pounds. I was awkward, shy and quiet. I preferred to be invisible. (The only thing in that description that still applies is that I am still tall. I also think I am shy but most people would tell you that I am not. )



Anyway, back to this high school thing. Today, March 14th, I wouldn't mind being in high school. Because today, 3.14, is PIE day. At least at The Boy's school. It's the only day that everyone loves math. Because they celebrate all things PIE. Including this:



Everyone brings a pie to math class. Then they spend the class period sampling each other's pie. What a great idea! The Boy took a homemade (by his grandmother) chocolate pie. Traditionally, hers is the first to be eaten. That pie sat in my refrigerator all night, taunting me everytime I passed by. Dh ate dinner at his mom's (the pie maker) last night and she had an extra piece for him. (Extra piece? How does one get an extra piece of pie? I suspect she made two and they ate the second one all up!)

So happy pie day, internets! May you find the flavor you love and indulge yourself. I'm going to sneak over to the school and pretend that I'm sixteen and in geometry class!

4 comments:

Queen B said...

Yum. Pie day would rock.

annette said...

Oh my gosh--chocolate pie!!! Yes my heart skipped a beat. Pie day for pi! I'm celebrating 3.14 myself after a while and I will tell everyone exactly why. It's "Pi DAY!" from another former 5'9" 115 lb-er--my driver's license used to testify to that. Those were the days. You and I have more in common now. I'm still 5'9" too. And that's all I'm sayin'. Love you, Annette

connie said...

Ahh Karen I love Chocolate pie yummy... I was thinking, I think we should have a pie day at work hehe And then we could have a Pie Day!!!
So I bet you are loving the new washer and Dryer.. Oh I loved it when Shree was there at the store it was like having you there with me, I could even hear your voice, I loved it,she is great and so are you... See you on Monday...

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I was tall and very skinny too in highschool.....I'm still tall, even though I just learned that I have lost a whole inch in my height (was 5' 8.5", now 5' 7.5") and of course I'm no longer skinny :-)
Enough said!!