Saturday, March 8, 2008

Today was the big VBS workshop. However, God had other plans. Can you tell what they were?



We ended up with fourteen inches of snow!

The dogs were thrilled.



And the people were too! Work was closed and we have hibernated all day inside. (Except for the shoveling and picture taking!)
We did have one little bit of excitement today. For some unknown reason, I decided to cut doggie toenails. Because I am a glutton for punishment. And I apparently cut Wolfie's one nail too short. Wolfie is not happy with me. And I am not happy with me. Because there is doggie blood everywhere. Ick. Wolfie is a foot chewer. Which means that whenever the silly thing stops bleeding, he is compelled to lick and chew on it til it starts again. Plus he will probably never let me touch his feet again. But other than that one little bump in the day, we are enjoying the day. I hope you are too!


3 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

Hi, Karen!
My husband is a veterinarian and he just told me you can try packing the toenail with baking flour and that might help stop the bleeding. I'm sorry that happened!

Your pictures are beautiful!

I hope you enjoyed your day inside.
Love,
Angie xoxo

connie said...

Karen,
The poor baby, I hope he is feeling better today... That is the reason I take Simon to get groomed I am afraid I would hurt him...
I love your pictures of the snow I posted a bunch on myspase as well...
I hope you had a great day off yesterday... They canceled church today, so I have been sitting around reading and watching Tv...
Talk to you tomorrow at work...
Connie

annette said...

I have a hard time imagining all the snow. I love the pictures. It is a beautiful white blanket until you have to drive in it I suppose. I just get to see the beauty in it through your pictures. Hope your puppy is feeling better today. Mean groomers. My dog has come back with a sore hip from being restrained, and she loves to be bathed at home and blow-dried, so I can't imagine what they are doing. Hope you have a great day at work tomorrow, and let us know what you will do about the VBS workshop. Love, Annette