Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We had pie!

Homemade chocolate pie! Can you think of a better way to start the new year? And I am ignoring the digital scale at the doctor's office. I'm sure they were rigged anyway. (yeah, with cream cheese, real butter, and a couple of pounds of sugar!) My mil fixed a turkey dinner with all the trimmings today. The meal marks the closing of the Christmas season for us. Afterwards we had a lot of fun just sitting around visiting. Reminiscing. My kids were shocked to hear the story about their uncle punching a kid in the nose. (He's the most laid back guy you will ever meet. Doesn't have much to say and rarely loses his temper.) Then we played a "name that kazoo song" game with my niece as the official kazooer. She is not musically inclined so it made the game so much more interesting.

I am working my way through "Jesus: 90 days with the One and Only" by Beth Moore. I should finish it up close to Easter. Years ago, when I did the bible study, I finished it during the Easter season as well. I had the hardest time doing the week leading up to the crucifixion. I just knew they were going to kill Him. And every day just brought me one step closer to His death. And my part in it. I mean, I knew that the Resurrection was coming. But I could hardly bear to let Him die. For me. It was awful. And yet beautiful at the same time. It was a wonderful reminder of not only the gift but the cost.

I also decided that rather than attend a semester bible study at church (one of those "know your limitations" things) that I would participate in the Engage the Journey 2008 study online where we are reading through the Bible chronologically. I am happy to say that I haven't missed a day so far! I need to connect with some people who will hold me accountable. I am guessing the blog will help with that. I am very excited about participating. I'll be praying that God will give me a desire for His word. And that I will have the ears to hear.

And by the way, it's snowing! Not much, but it counts!

No comments: