Monday, June 23, 2008

Cover to Cover: My Deliverer is Coming


This is not a normal Cover to Cover post. But it is from my heart.


I have been weary. We have been battered by storms, both inside and outside the house. And I have been weary. Too weary to hear God, too weary to seek God, too weary to listen to God.

We had a storm this afternoon. Our second youngest dog has recently become terrified of storms. Whenever he senses a storm coming, he whimpers and runs panicked through the house. He tries to hide under the smallest things, digging into whatever he can get his paws on, often destroying anything in his path. No amount of reasoning or reassurance that it will be alright breaks through his fear. I was telling him this afternoon that if he would only listen and trust me, I wouldn't let anything bad happen to him. I would protect him when the storms came.

And then I felt the nudge.

As if God were saying, "Yes, daughter, if only you would listen and trust Me. I am always there. I will protect you in the storms."

So, now I am not as weary. My storms are still there. More may come. But it will be okay. Because I have Someone to carry my burden and shelter me when the storms come. Someone who loves me. My Deliverer is coming, My Deliverer is standing by...

But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. Psalm 13:5-6







8 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Karen,

Your post is so on target today. (They always are.)

Lord, I ask You to refresh my sister today as well as her family. Fill them all with your peace, the peace which transcends understanding. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

Annette

annette said...

There is a parallel in our trust and knowing how He takes care of the details. He is a mighty deliverer! I hear your heart and also pray for your peace and joy. Love, Annette (2)

By the way, we give our dog 3 Benadryl before storms and she settles down. She's 42 pounds. The vet told me to give her 4, but it sounds like so much.

connie said...

Karen,
My heart is with you and I am praying for you and the family...
And I understand trying to explain to a doggy that a storm can't get them, I tell Simon that every time and he just dosn't seem to hear me... And then I think how often is God saying Connie I am here and I will stay hear with you through this, and I am so upset I don't hear him... I am praying that you have a great day, you are in my plrayers...
Connie
GBU

Anonymous said...

My prayers are upon you Karen.

I am so glad that the Lord met you in the midst of the storm...sounds a bit like the gentle whisper that Elijah received.

Be of good courage dear one...your Savior has and will overcome this world.

Helen

Nise' said...

Amen Karen! Under His Wings we are secure.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

That was a great nudge you had, and SO true. Thanks for that reminder!

Angela Baylis said...

Dearest Karen,
I have no idea what the details are of your storm, but know that HE knows and that's all that matters! I appreciate your honesty. Too often people try to seem like they have it all together but I know it's not true. I am praying for you, friend! I mean this from the bottom of my heart!
Love you,
Angie xoxo

p.s. I love this song and I've never heard it before!

Michelle V said...

Oh wow that is good! Thank you for sharing those thoughts with us!

Blessings
Michelle