Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random tidbits from my brain


I have decided that the modern day "bringer of peace and sanity" is the air conditioner repairman. Especially when it's ninety in the house.

Jessi and I are starting Randy Alcorn's bible study on heaven today. This is the first bible study we have done together as semi adult type people. I am looking forward to it more than I can say.

Due to my infinite wisdom and complete utter lack of being able to discern when I'm over committed, I've also decided to do Kelly Minter's No Other Gods bible study. Beth Moore is going to be facilitating this one on her blog. How could I pass that up?


After twenty years or so, I recently rescued my wedding china from storage and have started using it regularly. (Cue Point of Grace's "How You Live" here.) It gives me a great deal of pleasure to serve my husband's breakfast on the very same china that we received so many years ago when we took our wedding vows.

We have starting nailing down the details of our upcoming vacation, trying to figure out what all we want to do when. One thing that came up last night that is apparently a "must" is that we have to have Godfather's Pizza from a gas station. Although we would probably eat it in a restaurant if they still served Godfather's in a restaurant. But they don't. (and you should have seen my kids faces the first time we took them to a Godfathers in a gas station. They were appalled. Until they tried the pizza.) We are classy folk. (I suppose I should insert here that my big desire is to eat fresh dunkin donuts. Yep, classy folk.) Anyhow, we will be headed to the ocean after the Deeper Still conference. I hope to visit as many lighthouses as I can (checking out my future home!) and keep from getting a sunburn. Which probably won't be too hard because I'll be spending all my time indoors doing bible study homework. :)


And now my brain and I need to go pay bills and get ready for another day. I hope yours is wonderful!

4 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Your trip sounds wonderful.

Annette

Jessi said...

You forgot to mention the two most important aspects: Downtown Disney and the Sanrio store. I am going to be so broke. But I think it pretty much makes up for sleeping on the floor...

Momala said...

Sounds like a fun vacation!

annette said...

I am so proud of you fitting in two Bible studies and a vacation. I have had Heaven here and not done it. I read part of the book after I read the book by Angela Hunt called Uncharted. I don't know what happened but I didn't finish. I wished I had the study guide. Living in a LightHouse sounds fun! Love you, Annette