Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good Morning!



I hope this is a beautiful day for each of you. Life is starting out fairly normal at our house. We still have excessive hair but I have heard no "fatherly" comments about it in the last 24 hours. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers on the situation. I am currently employing my "ostrich with her head in the sand" approach to life, and hoping that the school year starts soon. No, not really. Okay, maybe just a little bit. The Boy is going to be out in the sun most of the morning and early afternoon today so perhaps he'll decide all that hair is just too HOT. Here's hoping.



We had our second session of Randy Alcorn's Heaven bible study yesterday. It is absolutely wonderful! I was initially surprised by how evangelistic it is but after I thought about it, it makes perfect sense. How can you study about Heaven and not feel the urgency to share the truth that there's only two options in this world...heaven or hell? Good stuff.

I also got the opportunity to meet a fellow siesta yesterday! Cheri is doing the Heaven study at church and is also doing the No Other Gods study. (And after two days of that study, I can tell that it is going to be convicting-ouch-and fantastic.) It is amazing to watch how God has orchestrated our merry little band of believers so that we can study together! (If you are a Kentucky Siesta who is looking for someone to study with...come and join us. Actually, even if you are not a Kentucky Siesta, come and join us!) God is moving and it is so cool to watch!

Well, I am off to prepare for more exciting adventures in my little world. (starting off with eating my cereal with a sugar spoon. Which doesn't fit my mouth right. Even if my mouth is big. Oh well, just chalk it up to my excellent powers of observation.) Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Have a blessed day Siesta!

Annette

connie said...

Oh Karen I just the way you think and talk, you know I all ways look forward to reading your blog and talking to you at work... I am glad you are feeling better today and iI will see you oh so earlie and to bright in the morning :). Have a great evening...
YOur in my prayers...
Connie
GBU