Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spring Reading Thing Finale



I can't believe it's been three months. Try as I might, I can't think of what on earth I was doing three months ago. Other than praying for spring. (I suppose I could go back and check my blog archives but I'm afraid I might bore myself.) Anyhow, Katrina says that time's up. And she wants us to give a recap of how things went. So, here goes:

Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why?
No. Because. (See how easy this is?) Seriously, I did read the number of books that I said I would, they just weren't all the titles I said I would read. Which happens to me a lot. Because I get distracted. Which is why I have twenty or more titles packed to take on vacation. Because what if I don't feel "in the mood" to read that particular book on that particular day?

Do you think the challenge helped you read more? Or maybe helped you read books you otherwise wouldn't have? Nothing helps me read more. I need something to help me read less. Because I read constantly. Too much. It did help me read a book that I've been putting off. I have known for awhile that I needed to read "Breaking Free" but I didn't want to. Because I was afraid of it. But, I am happy to say that I did read the entire thing and I am thrilled that I did. And it dovetailed into the bible study that I just started. How's that for God's timing?

What was your favorite book you read this spring? Least favorite?
My favorites were probably "If You Want to Walk on Water" and "God is Closer than You Think" by John Ortberg. "Restorer" was outstanding. But I loved the Ortberg books. "Hope's Wish" was probably my least favorite but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a good book.

Did you discover any new authors or genres that you now love? I think Mr. Ortberg has to be my favorite author of the year. I had not read any of his books before and now plan on reading them all. I would highly recommend them.

What did you learn about your reading habits or interests? I learned that I still love to read. My interests are so varied that I didn't notice any difference. I read cereal boxes if there's nothing else available.

Are you interested in another "Fall Into Reading" challenge this fall? Yes, I'd love to have another reason to read large numbers of books!

4 comments:

annette said...

Oh I am definitely into John Ortberg, and you got me started! Walking on Water may not my motto yet, but more faith, Lord. I am praying for you all. Love you, Annette

Abba's Girl said...

You go girl. What a list. I am going to buy 1 or 2 of the books when I go to Lifeway next week. I love to read and have gotten out of the habit this year.

Annette

Nise' said...

I hear you about needing something to help you read less! ;). I didn't want to do Breaking Free either, but I listened and it changed my life!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Hm...well, I can't help you read less. I'd be morally opposed to that. :) Good job on your reading! I'm a fan of John Ortberg's books, too.